10.04.2011

...A Single Step...

A long time ago in a galaxy not so far away, my friend Betsy English tried to persuade me to create a blog. In my usual manner I stubbornly protested, with plenty of excuses such as: 

1. No one wants to read about my life- I'm boring!
2. I don't have time to blog! 
3. I don't know what to say...

Honestly, I can't recall what else I said, but I'm sure I went on and on, as that is my M.O.  But since this conversation with dear Betsy, some time has gone by and I have gained some perspective. First of all, I have realized that there are at least a handful of people who would like to stay connected with me and know what I am up to, and this is a very efficient way to update these people. Secondly, I am now off-track from school and have far more time on my hands than I did when the proposal to create a blog was initially raised. I still fear I won't know what to say or have anything hilarious or profound to say, but I think the people who care enough about me to seek out and read this page will love me anyway :) 

So here I go. This post is the first step I am taking on this journey of blogging...We've gotta start somewhere, right?


...Oh, and here is a picture of me and my friend Besty (the one you have to blame, or thank depending on whether you're a glass half full or half empty kind of a person, for this new addition to the blogosphere). This photo was taken over a year ago, but I love it. It was at the Rexburg Farmer's Market. The local fire department was there putting on a display of sorts for the community. We went on top of the firetruck, tried on the equipment, and even shot the hose! ...And we may or may not have been the only ones participating who were over the age of 18, and not tending children. Ha ha! 





1 comment: