2.22.2012

New Semester, New Look!

I have become woefully behind with keeping this blog up-to-date. I will do a few catch-up posts soon; but for now I have decided to just go from today. You may have noticed that I gave our blog a new name, and different look. I wanted it to be more inclusive of Andrew, so I changed the name, About Me section, picture, and I even let Andrew choose our new background! He likes it because it is more simple than our previous template.

Last month I began my Junior year at BYU-Idaho. Andrew and I got off to a hectic start, and in the blink of an eye here we are- at midterms! This has been the busiest (but also the happiest) semester I have ever had!

Andrew and I are both taking 15 units this semester. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, Andrew and I are on campus from 7:45am until about 7:30 pm, with some variance depending on his Lab schedule, or if a class has been cancelled. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I work at Opinionology from 8 am until 2 pm.  I do NOT enjoy my job very often, but I am grateful to have it. Saturdays I work there from 8 till noon. On Thursdays and Saturdays I go straight from work at Opinionology to my training with Alaska Coach Tours (ACT).

Oh! In case you don't know, I have changed my track from winter-spring to fall-winter so that Andrew and I can spend our summers working as tour bus drivers/tour guides in Juneau, Alaska. We could not be more excited about this opportunity, and this is why we are spending 5 hrs/week in training- we are learning to maneuver 45 ft long buses! NOT as easy as I thought it would be! Especially in reverse.

So that is what is going on with our school and work schedules. We have also accepted callings as Gospel Doctrine teachers. We teach every other Sunday, which is nice because it gives us a few weeks off from teaching, which gives us more time during the week. We really enjoy our calling and have learned a lot already!

I am really grateful for Andrew. He has helped me learn to balance my life better and he helps me manage my stress much better than I do when I am on my own. ...This may be a shocking to you readers, but apparently I am a little uptight when it comes to doing well in school. Haha. That being said, Andrew and I are both doing very well so far this semester. As of right now I have 3 As and 2 Bs; but I am NOT settling for those Bs. I have a test in both of my B classes this week and I am hoping to knock them both out of the park and raise my grade. Wish me luck! I have to go hit the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment